Conference Presentations Schedule
All events (including workshops) will be held at:
The Dana On Mission Bay Resort (Ballroom)
1710 W Mission Bay Dr.
San Diego, California 92109
February 10 & 11 - 2 day San Diego Pain Summit conference
1.05 CPTA CEU's
10 NCBTMB CE's
14 PD CMTBC CEC's
The information in this conference is delivered in lecture format at the intermediate level.
Upon completion of attending this conference, the participant will be able to:
1. Integrate the use of patient pain education within various pain management protocols.
2. Identify how to interpret results when examining research for clinical use.
3. Describe current research on the treatment of pain related fear and catastrophizing.
4. Examine clinical communication skills when working with patients within a pain management program.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the experience of pain and working within a pain management program from the perspective of the patient.
Feb. 6 & 7
Pelvic Health (non-internal) workshop
Making Sense of the Evidence workshop
Feb. 8 & 9
Know Pain workshop
Reconciling Biomechanics workshop
Feb. 9 - 7:30 pm (Dana Ballroom)
Networking Event (casual), free for attendees/$25 per guest.
- Dinner buffet
- Live classical flamenco guitar
- A Scotch & whiskey tasting table
- No-host bar (attendee pays for drinks, water is free)
- Photo booth creates GIFs from images (sponsored by Bill Jones, PT On Demand)
8:30 am - 9:25 am: Registration
9:00 am - 9:30 am: Announcements
9:30 am : Keynote Neil O'Connell, PhD, MSc - Negotiating The Evidence Maze In Persistent Pain
10: 15 am: Q&A
10:30 am: Break
10:45 am: Mark Milligan, PT, DPT, Cert TPS, OCS, FAAOMPT - Implementing Pain Science Education into Clinical Practice
11:30 am: Q&A
11:45 am: Break
12:00 pm: Greg Lehman, DC, MScPT - When Biomechanics DOESN'T Matter: A Choose Your Own Adventure Lecture
12:45 pm: Q&A
1:00 - 3:00 pm: Lunch (not provided, restaurant onsite)
2:40 - 3:00 pm: Prize Giveaways (must be present or online to win)
3:00 pm: Sarah Haag, PT, DPT, MS, WCS Cert. MDT, RYT - Pregnancy≠ Pain
3:45 pm: Q&A
4:00 pm: Break
4:15 pm: Laura Simons, Ph.D. w/special guest Dr. Rikard Wicksell - Fear In Chronic Pain: Mechanisms & Effective Treatment
5:00 pm: Q&A
5:15 pm: Break
5:30 pm: Mike Stewart MCSP SRP MSc PG Cert - More Than Words: How Can We Help People Express Their Experience Of Pain?
6:15 pm: Q&A
6:30 pm : End
7:30 am - 8 am: Announcements
8:00 am: A. Vania Apkarian, BSc, MSc, Ph.D. - The Brain in Chronic Pain
8:45 am: Q&A
9:00 am: Break
9:15 am: Pain: The Patient's Perspective moderator Alison Sim. Guests panelists: Joletta Belton, Erin Jackson, & Mark Renard
10:15 am: Q&A
10:45 am: Break
11:00 pm: Mark Kargela, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT - The Patient's Story - The Science Behind the Story
11: 45 pm: Q&A
12 pm - 2 pm: Lunch (not provided, restaurant onsite)
1:40 - 2:00 pm: Prize Giveaways (must be present or online to win)
2 pm: Nicholas V. Karayannis, MPT, Ph.D. - Cultivating Mindfulness and Compassion In Our Lives
2:45 pm: Q&A
3:00 pm: Break
3:15 - pm: Bahram Jam, D.Sc.PT, M.PHty, B.Sc.PT, FCAMT - The Pain Truth & Nothing But: Simplifying Pain Education
4 pm: Break
4:15 pm: Chris Caldwell, D.O. - "That's all very interesting, but my pain is real" - What Do I Do When I Get Pushback?
5 pm: Q&A
5:15 : End