Pain Science Reading & Resources
Scroll down to find fun quizzes, research, podcasts, and downloadable resources to help you learn more about the clinical applications of pain science.
These quizzes were created from the Neurophysiology of Pain Questionnaire from Body In Mind as a way to teach patients about pain science.
* The Need For A New Medical Model: A Challenge For Biomedicine by George Engel
* The Fall of the Postural-Structural-Biomechanical Model by Eyal Lederman:
* Pain and the Neuromatrix in the Brain by Ronald Melzack
* Reconceptualising Pain According to Modern Pain Science by Lorimer Moseley
Free Access to Dr. Jason Silvernail's pain education handouts.
Free Pain Flash Cards
Flash Cards from Ben Cormack
* Pain Science Education Workbook For Patients and Therapists by Gregory Lehman
Favorite Blogs (If you think any should be added, please let me know!)
The following list of relevant podcasts was created by Lars Avemarie, a physiotherapist and personal trainer whose talks can be found at PainCloud. He was kind enough to allow me to share here.
The Art and Science of Dealing with Pain podcast (with Dr. Jonathan Fass, DPT)
Pain, Evidence Based Practice, Posture, Foam Rolling (with Dr. Jonathan Fass, DPT)
Current research into pain podcast with Dr. Lorimer Moseley
Pain Science podcast w/ Jon Fass
Pain Science: An Interview (podcast) With Pain Expert Jason Silvernail, DPT
Simple Contact review with physical therapist Barrett Dorko
The future of Physical therapy with Physical Therapist Barrett Dorko
The following is a list of articles compiled by Lars Avemarie.
G Lorimer Moseley. Teaching people about pain: why do we keep beating around the bush? Pain Manage. (2012) 2(1), 1–3.